Wednesday 31 March 2010

While I was Away II

Christmas was a long time ago, we are now approaching Easter. But as I look out of the window and see the snow falling again Spring also seems a long way away.

Lookig back though, my Christmas Day was fabulous. I had somewhere between 30 and 40 guests for lunch.
 Here are some of them:
It was bakingly hot and Zanzibar was in the middle of a 3 month power cut. My chefs Zaharani and Masoudi, however, did a sterling job getting food ready for the crowd


And they also did a great job with "Chef Service" making sure the food got distributed quickly and fairly


They needn't have worried they had made plenty


Even the Maasai -- who can be fussy guests -- were happy



 
  And the gifts went down well...


Playing Santa I was a little concerned I hadn't brought enough pressies. Luckily I did have a fallback... As a seasoned traveller I never leave home without a supply of false moustaches and these were called into play to make up numbers. Very popular too!
  

But respect must utlimately go to the chefs who deserved their rest at the end of a busy Christmas Day...


No comments:

Post a Comment